Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bathtub Cleaner Proof!

Hello! I hope that your July is going well, ours is going very quickly! I did a post a few weeks ago about a homemade tub cleaner. Well, I had the opportunity to clean a very dirty tub today so I thought I would post some proof that it really does work!

He who shall remain nameless had to replace the brakes on our family car Sunday night, and that resulted in a very very dirty tub that I did not find until the next morning. Well by that time the oil and brake dust had begun to take up permanent residence and I did not have time to face it until today.

So here we go, the cast of characters
Here is what the goop looks like mixed with a little water

Now for the tub....
Sad looking isn't it.... and I had already rinsed it once


Look at all that dirt coming off! 

Here it is with one half scrubbed and the other half not!

This stuff really does work. It only took me about 1/2 an hour to clean the whole thing maybe less and I used about half of the goo. Here is the recipe so you don't have to go searching for it. 

Tub and Tile Cleaner

3/4 cup baking soda
1/4 cup powdered milk
1/8 cup liquid castle soap
5 drops lavender essential oil
Water

 - Recipe from "The Naturally Clean Home"

Combine all ingredients in a container and add enough water to make a paste. It did not take much water so go slow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates