Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today is E


About me
Eating - I love to eat.... good food makes me happy and trying new food is exciting!

Experiences- I am always looking for new experiences. A new park, new restaurant (see eating), a movie I have never seen.


And in other news
Edible Landscape - Wilmington College, where I when to school and then worked, used Edible Landscaping. It was fun to see peppers being grown next to the library. I am beginning to do research into how I can incorporate that philosophy into my own yard.

A few days ago I talked about blueberry bushes and later today my hubby and I will be pulling out the scraggly bushes to make way for them but I want to take it a few steps farther.

This is a picture of cabbage worked into a flower garden
Snap peas (and blossoms), mustard greens, poppies,
lettuce, kale and parsley. Photo by Marion Owen
I love that you can put vegetables and herbs in your flower beds and still have beautiful landscaping. This method of gardening will also allow me to take advantage of some sunny spots in my yard of which there are very few!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates